Dr. Vivian Yin, MD, MPH, FRCSC
Dr. Vivian T. Yin is a clinical associate professor at the University of British Columbia specialized in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery. She worked at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York and returned to Vancouver in Nov 2019. She focuses on the treatment of periocular and orbital cancer, with the use of genetic-based targeted therapy as her research interest, and speaks internationally on these topics. After completing her medical degree and ophthalmology residency at the University of Toronto, she pursued a prestigious 2-year fellowship training in Ophthalmic Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
Dr. Yin also practices in global health with a Master in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. She generously donates her spare time to work towards eliminating preventable blindness. She has traveled to Bangladesh, the Philippines, Nepal, Tunisia and India to teach and provide surgical care for those in need. She is the past chair of the Canadian Association for Public Health and Global Ophthalmology and past board chair for Seva Canada. She's currently the COS representative to the International Council of Ophthalmology.
Financial disclosure: Dr. Yin has/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a commercial organization:
- Sling Therapeutics - Co-PI
Sessions in which Dr. Vivian Yin, MD, MPH, FRCSC participates
- How AI and Telemedicine are Improving Access to Screening and Eye Care for the most Vulnerable Québec City Convention Centre - Room 308 B | Salle 308 B
- 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Learning Objectives
- Talk | Exposé
- Using Telemedicine to Scale up Reach and Increase Access to Eye Care around the World Québec City Convention Centre - Room 308 B | Salle 308 B
- 3:45 PM - 5:15 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this session participants will be able to:Describe the impact ...
- Talk | Exposé