Dr. Chloe Gottlieb, MD, FRCSC
Dr. Gottlieb is a uveitis & medical retina specialist at the University of Ottawa Eye Institute.
She is Assistant Professor and Ophthalmology Residency Program Director at the University of Ottawa, and Vice-Chair of Education in the Department of Ophthalmology, The Ottawa Hospital.
Following undergraduate studies at the University of Waterloo, medical school at McMaster University and residency in ophthalmology at Dalhousie University, Dr. Gottlieb completed a two-year Fellowship in uveitis and medical retina at the National Eye Institute, NIH, in Bethesda, MD, USA with a certificate of recognition for her work studying ocular Toxoplasmosis in the Laboratory of Molecular Parasitology at the NIAID. Her current research interests include the treatment of posterior uveitis and uveitic CME, and the mfERG in Plaquenil retinopathy.
Dr. Gottlieb received the Department of Ophthalmology clinical teaching award in 2019. She is a member of the Female Physician Leadership Committee of The Ottawa Hospital. Her roles with the COS include the MOC committee and Advocacy committee.
Dr. Gottlieb enjoys being a consultant to the department of ophthalmology at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, where she runs a pediatric uveitis clinic and co-manages the care of children with uveitis alongside a multidisciplinary team. Working with a national group of uveitis specialists and the Canadian Rheumatology Association, she participated in forming the first set of Canadian guidelines on the management of JIA-associated uveitis.
A new Fellowship program in uveitis and ocular inflammatory disease will be starting on July 1, 2023 at uOttawa under Dr. Gottlieb' s leadership as the uveitis fellowship director. She looks forward to training Canadian and international ophthalmologists in this exciting field.
Financial disclosure: Dr. Gottlieb has/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a commercial organization:
Sessions in which Dr. Chloe Gottlieb, MD, FRCSC participates
- Controversies in the Management of Pediatric Uveitis Québec City Convention Centre - Room 308 B | Salle 308 B
- Speaker Dr. Chloe Gottlieb, MD, FRCSC (University of Ottawa Eye Institute) |
- 11:25 AM - 11:33 AM | 8 minutes Part of: Uveitis I: Controversies in Uveitis
- Talk | Exposé
Sessions in which Dr. Chloe Gottlieb, MD, FRCSC attends
- Women in Ophthalmology Symposium: Addressing Health Politicians: 10 Tips to Remember Québec City Convention Centre - Room 307 AB | Salle 307 AB
- 6:30 AM - 8:00 AM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- An inspiring full Professor at the National School of Public Administration, Marie-Soleil Tremblay, will share her vision with us. ...
- Talk | Exposé