SAP: Portable Eye Care Technologies
This workshop will focus on the challenges and barriers that can prevent vulnerable populations from accessing eye care services, and the potential role of portable eye care technologies in addressing these challenges. It will include demonstrations of the use of portable eye care technologies and examination equipment, as well as presentations on successful programs and initiatives that have used these technologies to provide eye care services to refugees and those in shelters. There will also be discussions on how to replicate and expand upon these successes in order to improve access to eye care for vulnerable populations.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Assess different portable eye care technologies and examination equipment and gain hands-on experience using these technologies.
- Understand the challenges and barriers that can prevent vulnerable populations from accessing eye care services.
- Explore initiatives that have used portable eye care technologies to provide eye care services to refugees and those in shelters, and analyze the key factors that contributed to their success.
CanMEDS Roles: Medical Expert, Collaborator, Health Advocate, Professional
Advance registration is required.
Registration is open to: Any physicians, allied health practitioners, fellows, residents, and medical students with an interest in global health
Max. 50 participants
- Try out of the instruments - Group discussion / Q&A
- 30 minutes | 1:55 PM - 2:25 PM Part of: SAP: Portable Eye Care Technologies
- Talk | Exposé