Dr. Mona Koaik, MD
Dr Mona Koaik is a Cornea, Anterior Segment and Refractive Surgeon at the University of Ottawa Eye Institute where she also serves an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology. She received her Bachelor and Medical degrees from the American University of Beirut where she also did her Ophthalmology training. She then completed her fellowship in Cornea and Anterior Segment Surgery in Ottawa.
Dr. Koaik has an enthusiastic and keen interest in cataract surgery, refractive cataract and cornea surgeries, cornea surgery and ocular surface surgery. Dr. Koaik has a very keen interest in research and innovations in Ophthalmology and has published several articles and presented at various national and international meetings. Lately, her focus has shifted to more anterior segment and corneal diseases, and she is currently involved in starting and conducting many projects related to medical and surgical treatment of corneal diseases, as well as projects related to corneal and lenticular refractive surgery.
Dr. Koaik is a member of the Canadian Cornea Society, Refractive Surgery Society and of the Canadian Ophthalmological Society. She has a special interest in global ophthalmology and has been involved in yearly mission medical trips to rural underserved areas in South America. She hopes to keep providing eye care and teaching programs in outreach programs globally.
Financial disclosure: Dr. Koaik has/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a commercial organization:
Sessions in which Dr. Mona Koaik, MD participates
- STC: Mastering Ocular Trauma: Techniques and sutures for surgical repair. Québec City Convention Centre - Room 309 AB | Salle 309 AB
- 3:45 PM - 5:15 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- This wetlab based course will feature hands-on training for participants reviewing the principles and...
- STC | CTC
- Cornea IV: Refractive Surgery and Keratoconus update Québec City Convention Centre - Room 307 AB | Salle 307 AB
- 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Learning Objectives: At the end of this session, participants will be able to: To review corneal c...